- Accessing the Payments Portal
- Funding and Deposits
- Getting Started
- Managing my Account
- Online Solutions
- Privacy, Security, and Compliance
- Using the Payments Portal
What are level two and level three processing rates?
Your processor charges a different rate for each transaction depending on the amount of information you provide. When your customer uses a commercial card, you can provide extra information to try to lower your processing rate, for example:
- Level one – You provide the customer’s card information and address.
- Level two (Commercial Card only) – You provide the same information as level one and you include the purchase order number, tax indicator, and product description for the transaction.
- Level three (Commercial Card only) – You provide the same information as level two and you include the line item details and additional order information for the transaction.
• We cannot guarantee that the processor will charge the level two or level three rate, even if you complete all the fields on the Payments Portal.
• To run a transaction for level two or level three processing rates, your customer must be using a commercial card.