- Accessing the Payments Portal
- Funding and Deposits
- Getting Started
- Managing my Account
- Online Solutions
- Privacy, Security, and Compliance
- Using the Payments Portal
What is EBT?
Your customers receive their Electronic Benefit Transfer (EBT) on an EBT card. An EBT card can hold EBT Cash, EBT Snap, or both EBT Cash and EBT SNAP.
EBT Cash, also known as Transitional Aid to Families with Dependent Children (TAFDC) or Welfare, is a dollar amount that customers can use to:
- Purchase food and everyday items, such as personal hygiene products, housing, and utilities
- Get cash back
- Withdraw cash from an ATM
- Pay for tips
EBT Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) is a dollar amount that customers can use to pay for specific food types defined by the state or local governments of the United States. They cannot use EBT SNAP to pay for tobacco, hot food, or non-food items.
Customers do not have to pay sales tax on SNAP-eligible items.