- Accessing the Payments Portal
- Funding and Deposits
- Getting Started
- Managing my Account
- Online Solutions
- Privacy, Security, and Compliance
- Using the Payments Portal
How can I test my Genius Countertop’s connection with the LAN and WAN?
You can test your Genius device’s network connection using the Ethernet menu. The Ethernet menu allows you to view the network status and test your connection with both the Local Area Network (LAN) and the Wide Area Network (WAN), or with the Internet using the ping function.
The Ethernet screen displays the current network status, which can be either Up or Down.
If the Network is Down:
- The Genius device attempts to force a connection. If this attempt fails, the device cannot connect to the LAN.
If the Network is Up, and the gateway ping fails:
- The device can detect the LAN, but cannot establish connection to the WAN. This can be due to a firewall, a closed port, or your device being configured for DHCP when a static configuration is required.
To test your device’s connection:
Step 1. From the Genius splash screen, press and hold 1, 5, and 9 simultaneously on the keypad for three seconds.
Step 2. Using the keypad, type the password, then press Enter (green button). The default password is 166832.
Step 3. Navigate to the Ethernet menu:
a. Tap the Diagnostics tab.
b. Tap the Communication tab.
c. Tap the Ethernet tab.
Step 4. Tap Ping.
Step 5. To check connectivity with your LAN, enter an IP address from your network.
To check connectivity with the WAN, enter an IP address from outside your network.
Step 6. Tap OK. Ping test results display on the Ethernet screen.
Step 7. In the upper-left corner of the display, tap Home.
Step 8. Tap Run App.