- Accessing the Payments Portal
- Funding and Deposits
- Getting Started
- Managing my Account
- Online Solutions
- Privacy, Security, and Compliance
- Using the Payments Portal
What can a recurring billing or service-based merchant do to avoid chargebacks?
In addition to the best practices described in How can I avoid chargebacks?, recurring billing or service-based merchants should follow these additional best practices.
- Cancel the recurring billing as soon as the cardholder notifies you of their wish to cancel.
- Make sure billing and cancellation terms are clear in the recurring billing contract.
- Make sure you bill the cardholder for the correct number of installments for the correct amount according to the payment schedule.
- Offer the cardholder the option to cancel, if your internal policies allow.
- Bill any installments sooner than agreed with the cardholder.
What additional information can a keyed-entry or MOTO merchant provide to defend against chargebacks?
What additional information can an e-Commerce merchant provide to defend against chargebacks?
What additional information can a retail merchant provide to defend against chargebacks?
What additional information can a recurring billing or service-based merchant provide to defend against chargebacks?