How do I close an Authorization Only (Auth Only) transaction on my VX520?
Use Off Line to complete an Authorization Only (Auth Only) transaction, or an authorization that you completed over the phone.
For example, hotels may perform an Auth Only approval for a greater amount than the cost of a room. This amount is reserved on the card, but not charged. This means that the customer can add additional service costs to their bill that they can settle when they check out.
On the VX520 you settle an Auth Only transaction by running an Off Line transaction.
To run an Off Line transaction:
- From the SoftPay home screen, press the leftmost purple key twice, to access the third menu screen.
- Press F1 (Off Line).
- Use the keypad to type the amount to authorize, then press Enter.
- To confirm the authorization amount, press F1 (Yes).
- Use the keypad to type the card number, then press Enter.
- Type the expiration date, the press Enter.
- Use the keypad to type the Transaction ID or Invoice Number printed on the Auth Only receipt.
- Type the Approval Code printed on the Auth Only receipt.
- Press Enter.
- To print a copy of the receipt for the customer, press F1 (Yes).