How do I run a credit card sale on my VX520?
Note: If the card is not present or you need to key the customer's card details, you can run a manual card sale.
- From the SoftPay home screen, press F2 (Sale).
- Use the keypad to type the sale amount, then press the Enter key.
- To confirm the sale amount, press F1 (Yes).
- Swipe, dip, or tap the payment card on the terminal.
- If the customer’s card is Visa or Mastercard, press F1.
- Select the customer’s preferred language:
- English – F1
- Spanish – F2
- (Optional) If the customer is using a card that requires a PIN, they can either:
- Use the external PIN pad to type their PIN.
- Use the keypad on the VX520 to type their PIN, then return the terminal to you.
- The terminal instructs the customer to return terminal to clerk. Press Enter.
- To print a copy of the receipt for the customer, press F1 (Yes).