- Accessing the Payments Portal
- Funding and Deposits
- Getting Started
- Managing my Account
- Online Solutions
- Privacy, Security, and Compliance
- Using the Payments Portal
What can a retail merchant do to avoid chargebacks?
In addition to the best practices described in How can I avoid chargebacks?, retail merchants should follow these additional best practices.
- Ensure the cardholder’s card is present.
- Ensure your POS device is in working order and free from dirt and debris.
- Void errors at POS before batching out.
- Obtain a legible, signed, and imprinted transaction receipt if unable to swipe the card. Verify the information on the receipt matches the card.
- Obtain a signature/PIN on all transactions with exception of those that qualify for the “No signature/no PIN” program.
- Educate your staff on the procedures to eliminate POS fraud.
- When running multiple transactions, obtain a magnetic-swipe for each transaction and the cardholder’s signature on each individual transaction receipt.
What additional information can a keyed-entry or MOTO merchant provide to defend against chargebacks?
What additional information can an e-Commerce merchant provide to defend against chargebacks?
What additional information can a retail merchant provide to defend against chargebacks?
What additional information can a recurring billing or service-based merchant provide to defend against chargebacks?