- Accessing the Payments Portal
- Funding and Deposits
- Getting Started
- Managing my Account
- Online Solutions
- Privacy, Security, and Compliance
- Using the Payments Portal
What can a keyed entry or MOTO merchant do to avoid chargebacks?
In addition to the best practices described in How can I avoid chargebacks?, keyed-entry or MOTO merchants should follow these additional best practices.
- Imprint the front of the credit card on the bottom of the transaction receipt that the cardholder signs.
- Avoid hand-writing the account number on the transaction receipt. You should use a manual imprinter; processors do not consider pencil or crayon rubbings as valid imprints.
- Use the CVV2 Validation Program for key-entered transactions, in place of an imprint.
- Alter the imprint.
- Imprint on the back of the receipt or imprint on a blank transaction receipt.