- Accessing the Payments Portal
- Funding and Deposits
- Getting Started
- Managing my Account
- Online Solutions
- Privacy, Security, and Compliance
- Using the Payments Portal
How do I configure payment settings for Magento 1?
Note: For guidance on how you configure your payment settings for Magento 2, visit How do I configure payment settings for Magento 2?
After you enable the extension, you configure payment methods to accept credit and debit cards in your Magento store.
When you configure the payment methods, you can edit the following:
- Title1 – This is the title of the payment method that your Magento store displays to the customer, for example, “Pay by credit card” or “Credit/Debit payment”. You can change the title to suit your business. The following image shows the location of the Title, as seen by the customer.
- Payment Action – Defines the action Magento takes when a customer completes their order. You can select either Authorize, or Authorize and Capture:
– If you select Authorize, Magento checks with Cayan’s Payment Platform to confirm if the credit or debit card can make the transaction. If the card can make the transaction, Magento authorizes the transaction and completes the customer’s order. To complete the transaction, you must use Magento Admin to manually capture the funds. When you can capture funds depends on the types of goods or services the customer purchases as part of their order:
– If the customer purchases physical goods, you can capture the funds only when you ship the goods to the customer.
– If the customer purchases virtual goods or services, you can capture the funds immediately after Magento authorizes the transaction.
– If you select Authorize and Capture, Magento checks with Cayan’s Payment Platform to confirm if the credit or debit card can make the transaction. If the card can make the transaction, Magento authorizes the transaction and then captures the funds automatically, completing the sale.
- New Order Status – Defines the customer’s order status after we process the payment. You can select:
– Pending – if you need to perform a manual process or validation before you ship the goods to the customer.
– Processing – if you need to ship goods to the customer. We recommend you select this status when the customer’s order includes physical goods.
– Complete – if you are selling virtual goods that you do not need to ship to the customer.
– On Hold – if you need to perform a manual process or validation before Cayan processes the payment. You must manually change the status of orders that are On Hold to Complete when you ship them to the customer.
- Payment from Applicable Countries – Defines which countries you want to accept payments from. You can select:
– Specific Countries to pick which countries you want to accept payments from.
– All Allowed Countries to accept payments from all countries.
- Payment from Specific Countries – Magento Admin displays this field when you select Specific Countries from the Payment from Applicable Countries drop-down menu. You can use this list to select which countries you want to accept payments from.
How to configure payment methods
Step 1. Log on to Magento Admin.
Step 2. From the toolbar, select System.
Step 3. From the System menu, select Configuration.
Step 4. From the side menu, select Payment Methods.
Step 5. Configure the Cayan Credit Card Payment settings:
a. Type the Title of your payment method.
b. From the Enabled drop-down menu, select one of the following:
– On Hold
c. From the Payment from applicable countries drop-down menu, select All Allowed Countries or Specific Countries.
d. If you select Specific Countries, then from the Payment from Specific countries field, press and hold [CTRL], then select the countries you want to accept payments from.
e. From the Payment Action drop-down menu, select Authorize or Authorize and Capture.
Step 6. Click Save Config.