- Accessing the Payments Portal
- Funding and Deposits
- Getting Started
- Managing my Account
- Online Solutions
- Privacy, Security, and Compliance
- Using the Payments Portal
How do tips work with EMV transactions?
On the Genius device
If you have the Tip feature turned on, your Genius device prompts the customer to enter a tip amount before it sends the authorization request to the processors. Because Genius sends the sale and tip in a single transaction it means:
- You do not need to make an adjustment after the authorization
- Tip acceptance is not limited to certain merchant types
- There is no difference between EMV and magstripe transactions
Contact your sales representative if you are interested in adding the Tip feature to your Genius device.
Without a Genius device
- Only certain merchant types may add a tip to a transaction after it has been authorized, for example:
- There are limits to the tip amount that you can add to a transaction.