- Accessing the Payments Portal
- Funding and Deposits
- Getting Started
- Managing my Account
- Online Solutions
- Privacy, Security, and Compliance
- Using the Payments Portal
How do I open a tab on my VX520? (Restaurant account – tip processing)
Step 1. From the SoftPay home screen, press the second purple key from the left twice, to access the third menu screen.
Step 2. From the third menu screen, press F2 (Tab), then press F2 (Open Tab).
Step 3. Enter an amount for the tab:
- To use the default amount of $25, press Enter
- Use the keypad to type in a value for the tab, then press Enter
Step 4. Swipe, dip, or tap the payment card on the terminal, or use the keypad to type the card number then press Enter.
Step 5. If the customer’s card is Visa or Mastercard, press F1.
Step 6. Select the customer’s preferred language:
- English – F1
- Spanish – F2
Step 7. Press F1 (Yes).
Step 8. (Optional) If the customer is using a card that requires a PIN. Prompt them to either:
- Use the external PIN pad to type their PIN
- Use the keypad on the VX520 to type their PIN, then return the terminal to you
How do I close a tab on my VX520? (Restaurant account – tip processing)
How do I delete a tab on my VX520? (Restaurant account – tip processing)
How do I adjust a tip on my VX520? (Restaurant account – tip processing)