- Accessing the Payments Portal
- Funding and Deposits
- Getting Started
- Managing my Account
- Online Solutions
- Privacy, Security, and Compliance
- Using the Payments Portal
How can I tell if a transaction was EMV or regular credit/debit in my Payments Portal reports?
The Entry Mode field in the Transaction Details indicates whether a transaction was EMV or regular credit/debit. The Payments Portal displays one of the following Entry Modes depending on the card the customer presents, and how they use it:
- EMV Contact: EMV transaction – the customer dipped their card and provides their signature
- Proximity: EMV transaction – the customer used a contactless EMV card
- Swiped: Regular credit/debit transaction – the customer swiped their card
- Manual: Regular credit/debit transaction – the customer typed their card information using the keypad
The Entry Mode field is located in the Card Information section.
EMV Entry Modes
Regular credit/debit Entry Modes