- Accessing the Payments Portal
- Funding and Deposits
- Getting Started
- Managing my Account
- Online Solutions
- Privacy, Security, and Compliance
- Using the Payments Portal
How do I run a card sale?
You can use the Virtual Terminal to run a credit or debit card sale.
To run a card sale:
Option 1. Complete the steps in the following video:
Option 2. Complete the following steps:
Step 1. On the toolbar, click Virtual Terminal.
Step 2. Enter the Card Information:
a. Type the Card Number.
b. Use the month and year drop‑down menus to select the Expiration Date.
c. Type the CVV.
d. (Optional) Type the Name on the Card.
e. Type the Street Address.
f. Type the Postal Code.
Step 3. Type the Order Information:
a. (Optional) Customer ID.
b. Invoice Number.
c. (Optional) Customer’s Email.
d. Subtotal Amount.
e. (Optional) Tax Amount.
f. (Optional) Tip Amount.
g. (Optional) Convenience Fee.
h. (Optional) Notes relating to the sale for future reference.
Step 4. (Optional) To allow the same transaction to occur for the same card more than once in a 24-hour period, select the Allow Duplicate Transactions check box.
Step 5. Click Submit Payment. The Payments Portal displays either a decline, or an approval screen:
- Decline – Payments Portal may display a reason such as “Decline; Invalid CVV.” You can retry the card or ask your customer to use different payment method.
- Approval – The approval screen includes a summary of the transaction. On the approval screen, you can:
– Email or Print Receipt
– Start a new sale
– Void the sale
– Change the Tip Amount