- Accessing the Payments Portal
- Funding and Deposits
- Getting Started
- Managing my Account
- Online Solutions
- Privacy, Security, and Compliance
- Using the Payments Portal
How do I create a recurring billing contract?
Use the customer’s profile to create a recurring billing contract.
When creating a recurring billing contract, you can define the:
- Length of the contract by entering a starting date and an ending date.
– To create a contract that continues until you deactivate or delete it, or until the customer’s card expires, type a starting date but leave the ending date blank.
- Billing schedule. Using the billing schedule, you can bill your customers:
– Daily: Once a day
– Weekly: Once a week
– Biweekly: Once every two weeks
– Monthly: Once a month
– Semimonthly: Twice a month
– Annually: Once a year
– Semiannually: Twice a year
– Quarterly: Every three months
- Number of retry attempts the Payments Portal makes to capture the payment. You can set the Payments Portal to make one to ten retry attempts, after which it suspends the recurring billing contract.
To create a recurring billing contract:
Step 1. On the toolbar, click Recurring Billing.
Step 2. Click the customer’s record to open the detailed view
Step 3. Click Add a New Contract.
Step 4. Enter the Contract Information:
a. Name or Description
b. Click Starting Date, then select the date manually or type the date in mm/dd/yyyy format.
c. Click Ending Date, then select the date manually or type the date in mm/dd/yyyy format.
d. Subtotal Amount
e. Tax Amount
Step 5. Enter the Billing Settings:
a. Use the Billing Schedule drop-down menu to select the billing interval.
b. Use the Retry Attempts drop-down menu to select the number of retry attempts the Payments Portal makes before it suspends the contract.
Step 6. Select a Payment Method.
Step 7. Select the email Notifications you prefer:
a. To receive a notification when a payment is approved, select the Receive an email notification when a payment is approved check box.
b. To receive a notification when a payment is declined, select the Receive an email notification when a payment is declined check box.
Step 8. Click Save Contract.